Monday, July 21, 2008

It's been a while

I haven't had a chance to update my blog lately since I've been busy planning my wedding and this is the busy season at the college where I work.

I just needed to write in and express my thankfulness and give God the glory for the great things He's done.

I just learned that my job is willing to work with me a while longer after the wedding. Since I will be living 2 hours from where I work they are going to allow me to spend less time in the office. They are going to allow me to spend Friday (well Thurs. night really) through Monday night with my new husband and work Tues. Wed. and Thurs. this way I can be away from my husband only Tues. night and Wed. night and I will still be employed and bringing in some money. That will also help the job out too so that I'm not leaving them understaffed during a busy time of year for us.

Prayerfully then something will open up in the city where I'm living and I can make the switch. I am just so amazed at God's goodness to sustain my future husband and I. I guess it just took my being resolved to the fact that I was going to have to walk away from the job without having on to go to and not knowing how the bills would be paid, etc and just having a completely and whole faith in God to sustain my needs.

As much as "I" like to be in control things are always SO much better when God isn't the co-pilot of my life.

2 comments:

Wendy Blight said...

Janet,

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I am especially excited you are joining us for the Proverbs study!! Can't wait to see what God will do in and through our time together. I look forward to getting to know you.

Blessings,

Wendy

Chochay said...

Great blog, interesting. Gos is great and wonderful, he provides everything that we need.