Tuesday, December 4, 2007

God is good, ALL the time!

Today I am praising and thanking God that I did not get the job I applied for at Central Carolina Techinical College in Sumter. Now one may think how do you thank God because you didn't get the job? Well, I set out with the mindset that if I got the job then I would know that was God's will for my life, and if I didn't then I would know that God has something better in store for me. I prayed alot for God's will to be done, whatever that was. Granted I THOUGHT I wanted the job so I could move to Sumter and be close to my boyfriend. But what I realize looking back is that I do not really want to continue in the field of Financial Aid (and that is what the job I applied for was) I just wanted to move close to my boyfriend. So instead of fretting and worrying about it I just rest peacefully in knowing that God has a better way for me to accomplish that and through prayer and supplication He will reveal it all to me in His time. I want to close by saying God is good, ALL the time! Be in prayer for me as I continue my search for God's will regarding finding a job and moving and the relationship I am involved in as well.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Hi Janet!
What a great perspective you have! It's so difficult to find peace when we don't understand...but being in His will is what we ultimately want...and you've realized that! Good for you.

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Hi Janet!
Welcome to the blogging world! I pray you are blessed and encouraged through writing and reading other's comments.
blessings,
Lysa TerKeurst